Wednesday, March 08, 2006

living in the capitol

ok, ok, long time no blog. if you read this blog, you probably got the email detailing my whereabouts the past few weeks. oh the move to DC was hell. i came down with a wicked cold on weds the 22nd at precisely 9pm. i was pet sitting and had gone to the grocery store to make dinner. got back to lexington and worked up an appetite by working out for 25 minutes. i made some grub and sat down to watch QAF season 5 on demand. one eposide into my marathon and my throat began to close on itself, not in that "oh shit i am dying" way but in the "crap, i have a frickin' cold" way.

today, it still persists. i cough up, um, colorful chunks every morning. oops, hope you weren't eating while you read that.

so i hopped on the plane to houston at 6.25am friday the 24th, after my loving and dear sister drove me to the airport. i didn't sleep a wink all night due to anxiety that i would miss the plane. sister isn't known for her ability to get out of bed in the morning, and i never truly trust my phone as an alarm clock. landed in houston a few hours later and met my lady as she got off her one hour late morning flight. i was in what i thought was day 3 of a 10 day cold (my mom always says a cold is 3 days coming, 3 days with you, and 3 days going.. hmmm.. that doesn't add up to 10). we rented a toyota matrix which was a surprisingly nice ride, and stayed in a motel 6 which was un-surprisingly stinky. yes, you can spray too much disinfectant.

moving our crap from the storage unit to the truck went faster than i ever could have expected, what with me blowing my nose every 5 minutes. the downpours started as we loaded the last item into the truck. the drive to 'bama was boring and i was drunk on dayquil which actually makes me sleepy. nyquil makes me comatose. the drive from 'bama to VA was smooth and my lady proved she actually has a lead foot! she's usually a granny driver, but somehow she did a 70 mile stretch in 45 minutes. in a 16' truck. yowsa!

moving into our place went smoothly too, especially after i got us lost and took us on a tour of georgetown. oppsie. J's cousin helped us out and we finished in about an hour. then we hopped back into the truck and headed to MA. my parent's were so sweet to let me keep my crap there for so long. it was really sad to leave them, and even sadder for the gatos. my mom's kitty libby is still looking for emmett. aw. anyhow, made it back to DC and if it weren't for M and C, we would never have finished the move at all. J and i spent the rest of the week unpacking and then she returned to nola and i am all alone. without internet access. i have found all of the local panera's though. and here i sit, enjoying a bowl of fiesta con queso sopa and procrastinating on the job hunt.

someone hire me, please!

1 comment:

olecranon process said...

oh my GOSH it's about time you've come back to the world of writing.

i was worried!! you need a big ol slap next time i see you.

id hire you. its too bad i do not own a large firm that makes millions doing nothing good for this world.

darn.