Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Is it only Tuesday?

Geesh. I felt quite accomplished this morning - finished a book, Jeannette Winterson's The Passion. I am not sure why my lady loved it so much. Apparently it is going to be a movie starring Gwenyth Paltrow and Julianne Moore. I found it too depressing for my current state of mind. Brilliantly written, yes. But sad.

And then I considered going for a run, but quickly changed my mind when I realized how cold it is outside. Ok ok ok, it's only 48 degrees, but that seems bone-chilling cold to me, especially in this apartment that holds no heat whatsoever. This will be handy when the promised warm weather comes.. but now? Chiiiiiillllllllyyyy. Even with the heat on, my nose is cold! The windows in the living room are cracked, but my landlord can't replace them because the condo association has a rule that the windows must be replaced by one specific contractor. Said contractor has gone out of business. That leaves my cracked windows cracked and no hope for a replacement. I wonder if the folks who belong to the condo association would drag their feet if THEIR windows were cracked. Bastards. I know it's not my landlord's fault and I don't want to get into a fight about it (yet), but come next winter? Either the windows get replaced or my heating bill is paid for by someone else.

Instead of facing the cold outside, I spent 30 minutes blowing up my Pilates ball with a handheld bike pump. That sort of counts as a workout, right? Nah. If I am to keep baking and eating like Martha, I have to work out daily. So I am back to Pilates. It feels gooooood. It's true - working out makes the mind happy. Getting there is hard, but doing it is gooood.

No comments: