Thursday, March 09, 2006

Days Repeat

I am going to practice typing with capital letters and appropriate grammar. I’m also thinking about giving up swearing. Perhaps this newfound desire to make change is influenced by my two local friends giving up things for Lent – C is giving up sweets and M is giving up dining out. Being completely unreligious, I don’t dig on the Lent thing. But I do believe in making attempts to be a better person, so I thought I’d drop the cursing. This is pretty classist, though. (Damn, classist came up as a typo. What to do, what to do!) Why is swearing looked down upon? Remove religion from the debate, and who gives a !@#$%! if I swear.

My new daily routine: up at 10am for Martha and a latte. I hop in the shower when The View gets boring. Around noon, I leave and try to find free WIFI. Thus far, I can get to two Panera Breads. I think there are two more in the area that I need to locate. I cannot wait to get online here at home. Yesterday, I picked up a signal in my parking spot. Pathetic.

The 25 year old chef on Martha just taught me a new trick – to get more juice out of a lemon, heat the lemon in the microwave for 10 seconds first. I’m into cooking and baking right now. I made baba ganoush last night and chocolate chip cookies in a cookie. That recipe sort of disappointed. You make 10 cookies but only bake them halfway, then let them cool and crumble them into the rest of the dough. It is supposed to give you crunchy and chewy cookies in one. Eh. Not so much. They turned out alright, but I wouldn’t make the recipe again.

My goodness, I am boring,

1 comment:

olecranon process said...

you can spend some time looking for a cheap ticket for me to DC!!