Monday, March 20, 2006

the DC scene

last night i went out to check out the dyke scene here in DC. i was pretty intimidated to go alone, but earlier in the week i chatted with this girl online who was going alone too. she put something out on craigslist and i responded, along with 8 other girls going solo. the plan was to all meet at the bar at 6.30pm. she said she was 5'7", slender, short brown hair, and would be wearing black.

just about 75% of the chicks there met that description.

i sat at the bar and a woman too short to be her came over and started to chat with me. she was super nice and it turned out she knew tons of people there. two of her friends came over, and the 4 of us were having a great time hanging out. i was younger by a decade (at least) and i really liked it. maybe hanging out with minnie and her over-40 club at toast showed me the light with the age issue. i'd rather be a decade younger then the crew instead of a decade older. i can't keep up with the 21 year olds. ugh.

i saw a girl with fantanstic shoes and i remembered jennifer's policy of saying nice things to people at random. i interrupted her and admired her shoes. she was tall, slender, and had super short hair, and creamy gorgeous skin - she's black. i didn't bother to ask her if she was the online girl - i just wanted to know where her shoes came from. "thanks! i got them in LA!" of course she did. "i'm relieved to see that you have smaller feet than me, otherwise you might take me into the bathroom and beat me up just to steal them!" of course i would.

our little group started to dance (the music was from my posse's generation) and some random chick was was staring at me earlier (not the online girl, too tall and not slender and had blond hair and was wearing stripes) came over and asked if she could buy me a drink. then, this woman she was with came over to one of the posse and asked her if she was my girlfriend. ??? she said no, then went back to report to tall stripes girl. OMG, i've been in the scene for 2 hours and i am in drama! then, the DJ comes over and says she wants to talk to me. she knows someone in the posse and we had met earlier. she brings me behind the DJ booth and asks me if i wear dresses. she proceeds to give me a crushed red velevet dress with faux fur trim that says stoli. OMG, i've been here for a minute and the DJ is giving me treats!!!

goldigger came on and i hit the dance floor (the generations knew the song but not how to dance to it). shoe girl comes over and is dancing up a storm all up on me, around me, she's hot and she knows it. she makes some comment about how i dance (me loves kanye west) and i ask her name. she's the online girl i was supposed to meet! she's not white! i thought she was white, i don't know why, i thought she'd have a bob and she'd be wearing black with jeans or something.

she's bi.

of course. this chick she met corners me and tells me she got the "bi vibe" from me because i was wearing tight clothes. and that she doesn't like girls who aren't proud to be girls. i get away from her and talk with one of the posse about it (i was steaming mad at the in-hating) and then i left. came home to watch the L word, slit my wrists and go to bed.

2 comments:

olecranon process said...

well, you know im not into the bi thing either but at least I can draw the line at flat out hating! i wont date em but hell more power to bisexuals for having a greater dating pool to fish from. its cool, just not fo me. =P

look at you woman. getting drenched in drama the first night out. you GO girl.

see doesnt compliments make you and and recipient feel so fuzzywuzz inside? =D

KMP said...

That is a great story. Geez, a leave for 2 weeks and look at the drama you are stirring up! What you were lacking is the married, blotchy, bump n' grind dancer. That would be moi of course. I would protect my gf!