Thursday, November 24, 2005

happy please don't kill the turkey day!

this year, i'm trying out an un-turkey (in place of the tofurkey). i'll let you know how good it is from a vegetarian point of view, and my lady will likely make comparison to the real, dead thing. it's been 12 years since i've last intentionally eaten meat. i say "intentionally" because there have been a few times that the chef hasn't been honest with me about the ingredients in the food. like when my aunt M said that the boiled cabbage did NOT have a ham bone in it (oh st patrick's day) or when the waiter at a steakhouse in MN (yeah, what was i thinking?) told me that the pasta dish was NOT made with chicken stock. that's actually my all-time favorite story, because when i took a bite and tasted the chicken broth, my friend thought i was being a little nuts and she said all she could taste was garlic and butter. i waved the waiter over, he confirmed with the chef that it did indeed have chicken stock, and the chef came out to apologize to me. turned out that he was vegan, even though he was the head chef at a steak house - what does that tell you about steak? - and he made me a fancy little meal that was vegan and perfect.

what else.. oh, we finally sent out our report about Tulane from our little survey and we put our names on it! it's gone. it's out. and everyone knows it's us. telling them is actually rather liberating. i have to say, if it wasn't for J, this would not have happened. that girl knows how to make shit move.

ok, i have to attend to my lady in the kitchen. it's our first un-turkey day together, it's my first without my family and that makes me a little sad, but we have our own family here. speaking of which, lucas just jumped in the bathroom trash and knocked it over. bleepin' children!

1 comment:

olecranon process said...

What a nice gesture by the chef! How unusual.

Thanks for the props. In all honesty, this couldn't have happened without you either. I wouldn't have gone forth with this alone.