Wednesday, November 09, 2005

cold numero tres

effin A, i am sick again. What is it with Oakland? There is proof that stress supresses the immune system. OMG, that reminds me of being in Thailand and a fellow MPH student saying stress "depresses" the immune system. My immune system is feeling a little blue right now... maybe some chocolate and a shoe shopping spree will cheer her up? Then my cold will disappear? Riiiiiight.

My lady is the bestest lady every. Since I ran out of coffee yesterday, she got up and went to Bakesale Betty's and got me a coffee AND an apricot scone! I stayed in bed until 10am. Of course, my morning snooze was disrupted by the wrestling match taking place on my bed. Lucas may be smaller, but damn that boy is scrappy! And Em's sneeze/hack/cough thing slows him down noticably. Kicked them out at 8.30am and got some z's. And was awoken by such a delightful bfast! I am the luckiest girl in the world. Sigh....

My fellow angry student/gaymo J is sick as well. We've been hanging enough to share some germs. Isn't that nasty to think about? Just being in the same room with a sickie can make you sick? Dunno who started this cold thing, but we both have it and we haven't been sharing saliva. Damn, I don't think we've even shared a drink! Wish we could track how we get sick, like a little computer program that could take a sample of our virus and give us a written history of how it came into our bodies. Bet it would increase the likelihood of people washing their hands post-toilet use. Only 30% of people wash post-potty.

On that note, I think I am going to take a hot shower, hack up some green stuff, and write a paper.

1 comment:

olecranon process said...

It was all those dirty lesbians at Cherry Bar that got us sickies!