Monday, November 21, 2005

dodgeball

we played dodgeball today for a benefit for hurricane victims. hot damn, i sucked! but Team Nutria made it to the 3rd round, which is cool, but not so cool because one of those rounds we won thanks to Chi Omega sorority no-showing. winning by forfeit isn't really winning at all.

i don't want to bore you with play-by-play details, so i'll give you the highlight of the day instead. i was hit and, therefore, out. as i made my way out of the box, some jerk on Team Diseased Kumquats threw a ball at me something fierce, hitting me in the back. my lady ran like a bat out of hell towards the guy, screaming "she's already out!" and slammed a ball at him. mmmm. defending her lady. sooo awesome.

stupid TU School of Public Health student gov't president, A, didn't even come, even though she said she'd be there. what a piece of crap she is. i mean, shit, if SHE doesn't care about this, then who will? she's just like many an elected official. useless.

i am ashamed to admit this, but my body is feeling like a trainwreck. my thighs are aching, my back is sore, and arms are weak and wiggly. i have to go to bed. ouchie!

2 comments:

olecranon process said...

Wow. Lori, that is sad. Gotta get you out mountain biking more.

Despite your obvious state of unfitness, at least you showed up. Yep.

JM said...

Try swimming, seriously, for getting your ass whupped. I do a little over 1000 meters and I'm Rumpelstilskin for the next two hours. Blissfully laid out on my couch as my 35-year old muscles beg me, "Why?!? Whyyy?!?"