Thursday, November 10, 2005

Aw, nuts

Took Emmett to the vet to be de-nutted. Pretty sad, actually. I am forcing sterilization on my baby! He'll be "ready for pick up this evening." What is he, a pair of pants I'm getting hemmed? I want them to call me as soon as he's out of surgery! I want to be there when he comes to! He's going to be hungry, scared, alone... my baby!!!

Lucas is having a wonderful day free from his brother. He's currently sleeping inside my lady's sweatshirt. He's zipped in and all snuggled up. He already lost his ability to make more kitties, so no trip to the doctor for him.

In other, non-kitty news, I am feeling unbelievably drained from this Tulane shit. We had a meeting yesterday to talk about it with the Cal School of Public Health Dean. Nice guy, sure, but not helpful at all. I mean, he just doesn't have the answers that we need. I don't think anyone has them. Of course they don't - no one knows anything. And there our futures lie...

And yet I allegedly graduate in December. I should be spending these days job hunting, planning my next move, getting some company to pay for my relocation expenses for a change. But I can't even get the energy to take the steps vital to my own success. I frustrate myself, because I know what I need to do but I just can't do it. I try, I do pathetic little searches, and then I get distracted. Professionals would say "that's the depression talking." Well, whatever the cause, it doesn't really matter at this point. I need a job. I need to know what city I am going to be in come January. My lady is definately returning to NOLA. At least she knows what city she'll be in. FFFFAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKK. This sucks. So stressful.

Reminds me of when I was working at Victim Compensation. This guy submitted a claim for assistance, with a picture of himself and all the stuff he lost in a fire. Enclosed was also a note that read "I have Post-Dramatic Stress. Please help me."

1 comment:

olecranon process said...

OMG. If it wasn't so tragic, I'd laugh.
Post-dramatic stress...wow.

HAHAH Emmett is now a girly-man. Girly-man cats are DA BESTEST.

Hang in there girlie! Things will work out.