Thursday, January 12, 2006

stealing from neighbors

the only way i can get online at my mom's house is to pick up my neighbor's signal. now, is it REALLY stealing if they don't password protect their wireless internet? i can't help it that my 'puder picks up every available signal in the area. i can't help it that they don't password protect their service. when i lived in new orleans, i didn't password protect mine either. why force the whole frickin' neighborhood to give cox or comcast or whomever additional money? screw that.

so my lady is in the cesspool city of nola. she has a cute little studio, she sent me pictures last night. i miss her. i woke up crying this morning. and the baby kitties miss her too. they don't understand why there is only one mommy around now. they both sleep as close as possible to me, which makes for a rough night of sleeping, but i don't mind. they are so cute and vulnerable and loving, how can i get upset at them for burrowing under my arm so they can sleep curled up next to me?

i am taking this lovely little machine in today to the so-called genius bar. maybe i'll bring the mensa test and see how many of these mac "geniuses" can actually pass any of the tests. believe it, i scored genius level on the IQ test... my brother found that very entertaining indeed. he's the one who gave me the mensa book, in fact. and i sucked. so don't be expecting too much from me. plus, the chick who gave me the test was practicing how to do it for real, which means it doesn't really count. me no too smart.

oh, right - 'puder problems. battery lasts less than 2 hours after it is fully charged. without warning, even if i have 40 minutes left per the battery indicator, my computer shuts down and i lose eVeRyThInG. that sucked during finals, for sure. lost pages of a research paper. also, safari (internet browser for macs) randomly dies. lost the function to open a new tab on safari too. grrrrrr. i bought the 3 year protection plan, but apparently that doesn't really cover anything, according to the last "genius" i took it to. i am going to a completely different store today.

last night, i went out with my friend M. she is sooooo cool. and she is going to cancun with her son, a friend of his, and a lady friend of her's. good news is her lady friend may not be able to go, and the ticket is paid for, so i am the backup! what can i do to ensure this lady can't go? trip her on ice, so she breaks something? drop some fecal matter in her drink, so she gets e coli? too evil! maybe i'll just bat my eyelashes at M and tell her how much i neeeeeeed a vacation. but her lady friend will provide her with the lovin' she needs. can't compete with that.

she also told me my ex-GF bought a house. it's strange, because i feel like i should feel some sort of emotion, but i don't care. i mean i don't care in a very apathetic way. whatever. life goes on. it's good. life should move on. even though XGF was a major bitch to me (called me post hurricane pretending to give a shit about me, but when i called her thinking we could actually be friends, she responded in a nasty email saying she only called me to see how i was, not to become friends... the way i see it, one should only call an ex if one truly cares for that person. i feel like she called me for the same reason all those effing people are taking tours for new orleans for $35 - disaster tourism. everyone loves to know someone from a disaster. SO. F'IN. CONDESCENDING.) what was i saying? oh, right - life goes on and even if i harbor some sort of angry emotion towards XGF, i am ok hearing about her new house. good for her/big deal/no matter to me.

tonight i am going out with an old friend A. we were friends, we hooked up, i got in trouble with XGF because our open relationship wasn't really open at all.. i think it will be a little strange to hang out because so much time has passed, but i think it will be fun too. no more drama, just catching up and having fun. i need some fun, especially with my lady so far away. sad face. sad pants.

1 comment:

KMP said...

You stealer! I'm telling on you!