Tuesday, January 24, 2006

lost jewelry and an interview in DC!

woooo-hoooooo! a job i applied for last friday has led to an interview! it's very encouraging, because they posted the job thursday, i applied friday, and by monday afternoon i was called, screened, and invited to interview! now, it's not really even that i expect to get an offer. i may, i may not. who knows. but the opportunity to interview, to practice those skills, is most welcomed right now. and it sheds sunshine on my hopelessness.

i take a chance in blogging about it, for if it does not work out, i will have to blog about my failure as well. and that has the potential to be very embarassing and depressing. cross your fingers for me!

i have lost a ring and a bracelet. the ring disappeared the night i went out to eat with sara b. it probably fell off my finger, as it was a little big anyhow. the bracelet, i cannot think of how i lost it. i am very sad about that.

off to nola tomorrow (yay!) and then to DC monday to have wine with katia, my interview on tuesday and then i'll be back home with the 'rents tuesday night. i am going to miss the baby kitties very much.

3 comments:

olecranon process said...

GOOD LUCK MISS LOREH!!!!

you'll kick ass, I knows it. Knows it in me bones.

Greta said...

Good luck, you and Katia can run DC into the ground

JM said...

Good luck with that, Lo. I don't know why it would be "have the potential to be very embarrassing" if you didn't get the job, though.