Sunday, January 01, 2006

adjusting

xmas is over (yay!) and it's a lovely, snowy new year here in MA. i am glad the holidaze have ended. i need to start moving on my life, getting things in order, and making a plan. #1 i need to find a job. i cannot STAND to have no income. i've always worked - often two jobs - and this stagnant hell of no paycheck is killing me. plus, once my lady leaves in 10 short days, i'll only have the kitties to play with. waaaaah!

kitties. soooo dang cute. they are really happy here, and my ma's cat libby has turned a corner with the boys. she was none too pleased about them at first, but she's currently sleeping in their spot on the blanket my mom made me a few years ago, which is much better than her hiding behind my mom's dresser. most recently, libby has gone into heat, because that's what happens when you don't fix your cat. oh my god, the howling. it sounds painful. she wails and groans and sticks out her behind... the kitties can't stand it either. emmett jumped on her and bit her head, which my mom thought was emmett saying "shut UP already!" my lady and i knew what it really meant. emmett has always been the alpha male. lucas is horrified by all of this nonsense and wants nothing to do with libby's lady urges. he is truly the sweetest kitten ever. he's my mom's fave, and he was everyone's fave at xmas too. the two of them sleep in between me and my lady every night, lucas in my armpit and emmett next to my lady. i LOVE these kitties!

it's been a bit rough getting used to the cold weather and living with the 'rents again, but i must keep reminding myself that it's temporary. gotta keep sending out my resume. my lady thinks i'll find a job before february. fingers crossed.

took J to see a drag king show the other night in JP. it was really good, but too crowded. ah, the signs of aging. when it's preferable to watch dick clark than to hang out with those young fools downtown.

No comments: