Sunday, January 22, 2006

it's girl scout cookie time

around 11am this morning, i heard the doorbell ring. grrrr. who the hell rings the door this early? apparently, girl scouts do. my mom and i ordered a ridiculous amount of cookies last week, and they came today. what is this speed with which the local girl scout delivers my cookies? give me time to forget what i ordered, girl! $24.50 later, we have cookies. two boxes will travel with me to new orleans for my lady. i had to hide them, as my dad eats whatever is in sight. just the other day my sister left 2 cadbury cream eggs on the counter overnight. by daybreak they were gone, having traveled into the depths of my father's large intestine. it's maddening.

yesterday was balmy for a new england january day. jewls and i went into the city, had fantastic cream puff/eclair things at beard papa's in quincy market. i am almost positive that sarah g and i snacked on cream puffs at papa beard's while waiting for one of many flights in indonesia's lovely airports. delicious! afterwards, we walked down comm ave as the sun set. days like yesterday make me love boston.

and then there is today. i am freezing. emmett is sitting by the heating vent, as i did during my childhood. i remember eating my cereal on the floor with my butt pushed up again the vents during those brutally cold mornings. if i were a puppy, you'd be able to determine my healthy status based on my cold, wet nose. maybe, since yesterday was so warm, today feels colder than it really is. no matter. i'm typing this with icicle fingers and my turtleneck pulled up to my eyes.

though some bloggers (read: lizcano) hate this 3rd season of the L word, i am loving it! i go to minnie's tonight to watch it on her wide screen TV. i think those TV screens make everyone look short and stumpy. perhaps young girls growing up watching TV on those wide screens will have improved body image. dunno. i can't wait to sit back and be entertained by all of those gay ladies. if only i could move into the show. i'd have money but no job, a kid who is mysteriously absent, and wild sex with strangers.... ok ok just kidding. living at home with my parents is totally better than that.

2 comments:

KMP said...

Mmmm, cookies. GS cookies are one (of many) weaknesses. Although I just made a 7lb cheesecake this weekend, so I have met my diabetic quota for my lifetime. I will have to take a pass...but good luck!

Anonymous said...

GIRL SCOUTS!!!! MMMM!!!

Er I mean the cookies...