Tuesday, October 18, 2005

meh.

Today, the threat of rain keeps creeping into the sky and then disappearing. I just returned from class. There was a guest speaker and she mentioned Katrina, the looters and the distorted media surrounding that whole mess. I could barely contain my tears. Why am i such a cry baby? My roommate thinks I should talk to someone.

Just thinking about talking to someone professional is too much effort.

My apartment is sandwiched in between a bar and the post office. I didn't get much sleep last night, due to a number of factors. The bar was hosting heavy metal night. Guns'N'Roses at 1am, 4am garbage pickup, and 7am strange announcements from the post office loud speaker. "Joel, Joel, Joel, I haven't heard back from you yet.... Joooooeeeeelll. Answer me." Who is this Joel and why is that lady announcing it over a loudspeaker? Is he my mail delivery person? Is he a slacker? Where the hell has my mail been lately, anyhow? JOEL! Get crackin'!

The most aggravating part of this urban noise is that I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO HEARS IT. My lady has yet to be disturbed by a single garbage truck slamming the giant metal containers around. I don't know why, but I think I'd feel better about this if she was awoken as well. Oh! That's so meanpants of me! I should be pleased that at least one of us can sleep. Why do I want her to suffer with me?

I tell you what, if we have kids, I'm screwed. No way she'll hear a baby whimper if she can't hear the drunk guy violently ralphing outside our bedroom window. Never thought I'd long for the country, but damn, a girl can't get any sleep here!

No comments: