Tuesday, June 06, 2006

decisions, decisions

FINALLY i get a job offer in public health. what happens? my real estate boss counters the offer with 12k more and also tells me he is going to pay for me to get my license with his own money.

really.

do i take the best job i can imagine in public health, working on lesbian health issues nationwide? OR do i take the money and figure out my way in real estate?

which one will still be there for me years down the road, if i change my mind?

which one will help me sleep at night?

everyone says the same thing. my friends and family all give me the same, sound advice. but i am tired of being poor. then again, i worry i will kick myself for saying no to this perfect dream job.

why is following your dreams sometimes at the cost of enjoying the fine things of life, like no car payment?

1 comment:

KMP said...

Ugh, that is so not fair! Ok, I have to ask...is pay for the dream job a lot less then the real estate job? But shit, he is going to PAY for you to get your license? Geeez. That is a hard call.