Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Two Words: Jodie Foster

OMG. I am not one to go for the femmes, but holy crap, if you see Inside Man you'll understand why a girl like me could fall for a lady like her. Jodie ahhhhhhhhh Foster. Those legs. Those heels. That Alpha-Femme role she plays. It's a whole new world. I have a fantasy crush on a femme. Holy crap indeed.

In other news, life as a receptionist is rather, how do you say, boring. But but BUT!!! One of the 2 guys running the project is leaving for another project and it appears that there will be a little fight over who gets to keep moi. Oh yes. The guy staying behind pulled me in for a little meeting (during which he did most of the talking, even though he claimed the purpose was to get to know me and my plan better... hrm). Apparently he says I have 'the look' and he wants to know if he should waste his time grooming me for a more powerful position, if I'll be back to public health land in a month. Then he proceeded to tell me all about the riches in store and I must be honest, it holds appeal. Mucho appeal. Like I can't turn it down appeal. Um, mom? I am working for The Man. But he's gay and really stylish, so it's not that bad, is it?

I am not a believer in destiny or fate, mostly because it doesn't explain why a little girl would be raped by her father - WTF, that's her fate? I think not. However, I am becoming a fan of living in the moment and letting the current moment lead me to the next moment. Plus, when I checked my email today, there was a message from someone who ALREADY SENT ME A REJECTION LETTER. I don't need to be told twice that I am not hired. I got it the first time, thank you very much.

Goodbye unemployment. Hello Real Estate.

3 comments:

olecranon process said...

Lori, you will get what you deserve. And this little one thinks you deserve a helluva lot. Who's to say you won't find it in real estate? If public health is your true calling, itll happen.

KMP said...

I picture you wearing a power suit...blood red maybe, with red high heels and carrying a cup of Starbucks. You would turn to me and ask (in a snotty tone) if I would like to see the Willard or the Snead residence. Yes...that is what I see. Blah, who needs public health?

JM said...

B.A. in English = IS Support Supervisor for a medical device company. Go figure. My degree comes in handy for well-crafted emails to users who can't understand why their mailbox is over the size limit.

My boss: B.A. in Hotel and Restaurant Management = Director, IS Network and Support. (I keep asking him to open a restaurant with me.)