Saturday, April 08, 2006

My siiiiiister is here!!

Jill is visiting and the weather could not be worse.. nor could the car situation. Ugh. Yesterday, we were driving home after picking up groceries and Greta the Jetta made an alarming warning light blink - the oil pressure warning light. Fortunately, we were 1/2 mile from home. I kept on driving and parked it, feeling that old aggravated and frustrated feeling I get when my car misbehaves. I have spent a ton of cash on it over the past 5 months and I don't want another huge "invisible car payment." I want a new car, one that comes with a warranty and a transmission that has a serial # on it still.

This morning, I checked the oil level and it looked fine, but my astute sister noticed that we were on a slight incline. I moved the car to level ground, let it warm up and then cool for a few minutes, and wouldn't you know, the oil was a little low indeed. The light wasn't on anymore but the good old trusty check engine light was on (again). My remedy? Black electrical tape. Hells yeah.

We still got the oil changed and hit the local Verizon store. That's right, I am free of my Sprint contract and I am switching teams! Now I can talk to all y'all In Network people whenever I want. Well, once I get the phone. I want the Razr but I want it in PINK and I am going to wait until Thursday. I will wait for pink. I won't wait for much, but pink? Oh yes.

1 comment:

olecranon process said...

OMG! we can talk now! you wont flip out when i call you!!!!!!

I AM CALLING MY NEW VERIZON CUSTOMER FRIEND LORI!!!!!! WAHOOO!!!!!!!