Thursday, December 06, 2007

Juarez, almost

El Paso. I am intrigued by this place. Mountains, border control, Spanish spoken everywhere. It’s like no place I’ve ever been. J says that there is no way in hell she’d live here, but I find it charming.

I was upgraded to a Mustang. Awesome! I think people looked at me funny whenever I got out of that hunk of a car, thinking “what is that girl doing in a muscle car?” I wonder that myself. Once I got used to the giant hood, and once I adjusted the seat so I could see over that hood, I started to have some fun. Racing at red lights means something completely different in a ‘stang. You always win.

I expected the gas mileage to be horrendous but it wasn’t too bad, surprisingly. What was horrendous was the roadkill I spotted on the drive from El Paso to Alamogordo and back: dogs (like pets, not like wild dogs), foxes, birds and bunnies, and 2 cows. Yup. Cows. Too many animals die on the side of the highways in this country. But never did I expect cows.

No comments: