Thursday, February 21, 2008

banged up


i was walking - ok, sort of half running, and i slipped (no ice to blame), fell in slow motion onto the frozen jakarta-esque sidewalk that surround my ghetto fabulous neighborhood (jagged and dirty, i am sure some drunk dude prolly peed in the spot in which i landed) and not only did i ruin my fave jeans, i busted my knee something serious AND i missed the concert to which i was heading. argh oooowwwwch!

it doesn't even look that bad in the pic. i ended up in the ER and had to get an iv of antibiotics AND i am taking drugs every four hours. 11, 3, 7, 11, 3, 7, repeat. sucks eggs! it got infected (duh) and the nurse said there was little i could have done to avoid an infection - i cleaned it real good, i swear! the worst part was i had to wear a brace on my leg. i couldn't bend it anyhow b/c of the infection and swelling, but then they wanted me to keep it totally straight (effin' heteros and their agenda) for, like, 5 days! i rebel today. no more brace. i am gimpy enough. though i must say, i felt a sudden comraderie with the handicapable people of the world. you know, those minor little ramps that lead to crosswalks? totally vital. jessica has assuaged my fears of losing my whole leg by telling me "there are plenty of successful amputees in the world, you know".

1 comment:

KMP said...

That is an EXCELLENT wound! You should be very proud. Jess is right you know...you have 2 legs in case you lose one:)