Sunday, February 25, 2007

it's snowing!!

wow, i almost forgot about how beautiful snow is in the city. the trees are covered in white branches, the roads are still white (and dangerous) not yet brown by sanding, and everything is framed in white. AND i got out of work today! bonus.

interview day went well, i think. there aren't any cringe-worthy moments that i can recall, but still, i don't know. i never expect anything from an interview anymore. a place that has cookie hour every day at 2pm is certainly going to be a cool place to work, i am sure. still i cannot get my hopes up (cannot!) because the dreary truth of the matter is i am parking my sorry arse in silver spring until i am not. and i have to be happy with my immediate situation. i have to figure out how to be happy in this situation, because i have to make money. there.

we had dinner with our neighbors last night (fellow tulanians, law school, graduated in 2002) and it was really nice. i am thrilled to know - and LIKE - my next door neighbors. it does make for potential discomfort, like when she told me she heard me coughing the other morning.. which means she can hear us making loud noises.. ugh.

i am going to spend the afternoon attempting to make irish soda bread. if i succeed on this test loaf, i think my dad would appreciate me sending him some. since the "fallout" with his side of the family (read: they hate the gays and my parents stood up for me - how cool are my folks? talk about support!) he hasn't received the bi-annual loaf from my cousin. i think my bro's GF makes it, or she used to make it. even so, my dad can handle two loaves of irish bread. i wonder whose will be better... :) those sound like fighting words!

1 comment:

olecranon process said...

You are leaving real estate?
I'm a jerk, I know. Kick me in the shin! I'm sorry for being AWOL. Too much drama! (take a wild guess about what...)