Sunday, July 09, 2006

jade

J and i were inspired by all the futbol watching (poor france - but i daresay italy's win is tempered by the fact that it was through penatly kicks. in other words, don't go celebrating too much italy. it was a keeper's game in the end.) she suggested we go outside and break in my new glove. oh my, i am a bad lesbian. if i can't throw a softball from 1st base to 2nd base, then i can't make the team... if i was trying out for a team, that is. J says i'm good, but after 20 minutes i hurt. i think i pulled my shoulder.

and in other bad news, when trying to catch a stellar throw, the ball hit my jade bracelet spot on, cracking it in three equal pieces. i know that jade bracelets are worn to promote health and long life, but what does it mean when it breaks? a quick google proved futile. (yes, i am using google as a verb in that sentence.) one site suggested that broken jade means harm was heading my way, but the jade broke in place of me.

regardless, i am without a jade bracelet now. i haggled for that thing! i played the game with a street vendor in thailand for my jade bracelet! i officially put it on and did not remove it when i moved to DC, to help me find a job. and now that it's broken, i fear negativity on my horizon!

what kind of atheist am i? i don't believe in god but i believe in a jade bracelet? oh dios mio!

2 comments:

KMP said...

I remember when you got that bracelet. Some of the finest haggeling (sp?) I have evern seen. Such a shame...but in the words of Lao Tzu "When you break something up, you create things.
When you create something, you destroy things.
Material things have no creation or destruction.
Ultimately these concepts connect as one."

JM said...

Sounds like Lao Tzu is making an omelette. :P